Below is an email that was just sent out to those who are registered for Edcamp HV 2013…
Hudson Valley Edcampers,
There are only three weeks until the big event! We want to say thank you for registering and dedicating your time to attend Edcamp Hudson Valley 2013 in New Paltz, NY on August 20th! We have a bit of news for you all:
1) Are you new to “Edcamp”? Check out our “About Edcamp” information page at: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/about-edcamp-2/
Take a look at some of the articles, quotes, and videos that are posted on this page.
You can also check out the Edcamp Hudson Valley 2012 Archive here: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/about-edcamp-2/edcamp-hv-2012-archive/
2) Introduce Yourself – Feel free to head on over to our Hudson Valley Edcamp website and check out the new “Introduce Yourself” page.
On this page you will find a form with a few questions that you can fill out. There is a link on the page that leads back to the responses. Please share about yourself and learn about fellow Hudson Valley Edcampers!
3) Door Prize Tickets – Every attendee will receive door prize tickets. You can earn extra! Here are some ways…
– Complete the “Introduce Yourself” survey.
– “Like” Edcamp Hudson Valley on Facebook (link)
– Share our event with your Facebook friends (link)
– Retweet or Tweet about Edcamp Hudson Valley (#edcampHV)
4) Schedule- Below is a schedule for the event.
- 8:00-9:00 – Check-in/Introductions/Coffee and bagels. Participants post ideas for sessions on the session board. This is a perfect time to meet other Edcampers! Toward the end of this time the sessions will be finalized and posted for all.
- 9:00-10:00– Session 1 – Join any session that interests you. Bring ideas to share or questions you would like help with.
- 10:15-11:15 Session 2
- 11:30–12:30 Lunch (Many valuable door prizes will be given away)
- 12:45-1:45 Session 3
- 2:00-3:00 Session 4
- 3:15-4:00 Technology Tools Smackdown (More door prize giveaways!)
5) Questions- As the event day gets closer and closer there must be questions that you have. Feel free to send any questions to email@example.com. Additional informational emails will come to you as the event gets closer.
Have a wonderful evening and we look forward to seeing you all on August 20th!
Mike from Edcamp HV