We’re only a week away from Edcamp Hudson Valley! All of the organizers have been busy preparing for an exciting day of learning and sharing.
Below are few new pieces of information and reminders:
1) Latest News
As 8/25 gets closer, you will see our site (www.edcamphudsonvalley.org) transform into an information hub. Note: The same resources that we post on the site (map of session sites, schedule template, important links, etc.) will also be provided to you when you register the day of the event.
*If you missed the last post, go to: http://bit.ly/lastedcamppost.
2) Building a Community of Learners
If you have not done so already, please fill out the “Introduce Yourself” survey at: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/about-edcamp-2/introduce-yourself/. Note:
Respondents will get an extra raffle ticket, so make sure you ask a staff member for your ticket on 8/25!
You can check out responses at http://bit.ly/responses2014.
This will help you get to know your fellow Edcamp Hudson Valley attendees. Thank you so much to those who have already filled out the survey!
3) Edcamp Day Info:
- Check-in starts at 9 a.m. on Monday, 8/25. Registration will take place in the lobby as soon as you enter the building.
- Grab a hearty breakfast (provided by Table Talk Diner and Bagel World) in the dining room.
- Head to the Chapman Room for a quick welcome and some time to check out the session board.
- The sessions will take place in the Learning Commons (Rooms #11-15). All of the rooms will have projectors. Note to presenters: Computers will NOT be provided, so bring your devices and dongles (if needed).
- Lunch (provided by Pizzeria Bacio, Admiral’s Pizza and Uno’s) will be served in the dining room.
- Edcamp HV volunteers (wearing navy blue STAFF t-shirts) will be around to help you find your way.
- Poughkeepsie Day School has campus wide Wi-Fi access. Feel free to bring a laptop, tablet or smartphone that has internet access. This will allow you to check all of the online resources shared throughout the day. If you’re on Twitter, use #edcampHV!
- A full map of session sites is posted on edcamphudsonvalley.org. A copy will be placed in your welcome registration folder. The wifi username and password will be on the map.
4) Important Links:
- Location: http://bit.ly/pdsdirections
- Resource Sharing Board: Lino Board
- Session Schedule: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/session-board/ (This will be filled out Monday morning.)
- Session Board Examples: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/session-board/session-board-examples/
- Session Location Map: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/edcamphvmap.pdf
Feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @edcamphv.
Have a wonderful day and we look forward to seeing you next week!
The Edcamp Hudson Valley organizers