We are so excited for tomorrow! Here are a few bits of information:
- Try to get to Edcamp HV early tomorrow (8:45). This will help with parking and check-in.
- Parking is available on both sides of the main building.
- Coffee, tea, and water will be available throughout the whole day. Breakfast is grab-and-go; lunch is provided.
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the day.
- Wifi is available. Please only login on one device. This will help with bandwidth.
- If you would like to present or facilitate one of the first sessions, please let an organizer know at check-in. Organizers will be in white Edcamp HV shirts.
Missed any of the earlier emails? Check here: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/news/
Also, please visit our front page (http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/) where you can find Edcamp HV resources.
See you tomorrow!
– Edcamp HV Organizers
We’re only about three weeks away from Edcamp Hudson Valley! All of the organizers have been busy preparing for an exciting day of learning and sharing.
Below are few new pieces of information and reminders:
1) Latest News
As 8/31 gets closer, you will see our site (www.edcamphudsonvalley.org) transform into an information hub. Note: The same resources that we post on the site (map of session sites, schedule template, important links, etc.) will also be provided to you when you register the day of the event.
2) Building a Community of Learners
If you have not done so already, please fill out the “Introduce Yourself” survey at: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/about-edcamp-2/introduce-yourself/. Note: Respondents will get an extra raffle ticket, so make sure you ask a staff member for your ticket on 8/31!
If you are interested in seeing the responses of other Edcampers, please click here: http://bit.ly/1L41EdM
This will help you get to know your fellow Edcamp Hudson Valley attendees. Thank you so much to those who have already filled out the survey!
3) Edcamp Day Info:
- Check-in starts at 9 a.m. on Monday, 8/31. Registration will take place in the lobby as soon as you enter the building.
- Head to the Chapman Room (to the left as you enter) for a quick welcome and some time to check out the session board.
- The sessions will take place in the Learning Commons (a map will be provided upon entrance to the event). All of the rooms will have projectors. Note to presenters: Computers will NOT be provided, so bring your devices and dongles (if needed).
- Lunch (provided by Pizzeria Bacio, Walmart, and other local eateries) will be served in the dining room.
- Edcamp HV volunteers (wearing red STAFF t-shirts) will be around to help you find your way.
- Poughkeepsie Day School has campus wide Wi-Fi access. Feel free to bring a laptop, tablet or smartphone that has internet access. This will allow you to check all of the online resources shared throughout the day. If you’re on Twitter, use #edcampHV!
- A full map of session sites will be posted on edcamphudsonvalley.org. A copy will be placed in your welcome registration folder. The wifi username and password will be on the map.
Feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, leave us a comment on our Facebook page, or tweet us at @edcamphv.
Have a wonderful day and we look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
The Edcamp Hudson Valley Team