We’re only five days away from Edcamp Hudson Valley! All of the organizers have been busy preparing for an exciting day of learning and sharing. Below are few new pieces of information and reminders:
1) Latest News: As 8/28 gets closer, you will see our site (www.edcamphudsonvalley.org) transform into an information hub. Note: The same resources that we post on the site (map of session sites, schedule template, important links, etc.) will also be provided to you when you register the day of the event.
2) Building a Community of Learners: If you have not done so already, please fill out the “Introduce Yourself” survey at: http://edcamphudsonvalley.org/
Note: Respondents will get an extra raffle ticket, so make sure you ask a staff member for your ticket on 8/28! If you are interested in seeing the responses of other Edcampers, please click here: http://bit.ly/edcamphvintro2017
This will help you get to know your fellow Edcamp Hudson Valley attendees. Thank you so much to those who have already filled out the survey!
3) Edcamp Day Info:
- Check-in will be between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on Monday, 8/28. Registration will take place in the lobby as soon as you enter the building. Volunteers will be there to direct and assist you.
- Opening introduction will start at 9 a.m.
- The sessions will take place through the PDS building (a map will be provided upon entrance to the event). All of the rooms will have projectors. Note to presenters: Computers will NOT be provided, so bring your devices and dongles/adapters (if needed).
- Edcamp HV volunteers (wearing black/white baseball STAFF t-shirts) will be around to help you find your way.
- Poughkeepsie Day School has campus wide Wi-Fi access. Feel free to bring a laptop, tablet or smartphone that has internet access. This will allow you to check all of the online resources shared throughout the day. If you’re on Twitter, use #edcampHV!
- A full map of session sites will be posted on edcamphudsonvalley.org. A copy will be placed in your welcome registration folder. The wifi username and password will be on the map.
4) Session Ideas and Volunteers: Edcamps are unlike traditional conferences where the complete schedule is planned in advance. Instead, the schedule at Edcamp is participant driven and created the day of the event. In order to help start off the day on the 28th, we are looking for anyone who is interested in leading/facilitating a topic discussion or learning session during the first time slot (9:20 – 10:05). Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
5) Questions? Feel free to send any questions to email@example.com, leave us a comment on our Facebook page, or tweet us at @edcamphv. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to seeing you in a few days!
The Edcamp Hudson Valley Organizers